Thursday, February 7, 2008

A LADY Wouldn't Do That... - m4w - 24

Reply to: pers-565613072@craigslist.org
Date: 2008-02-06, 8:23PM PST


I met you at a dance bar in Hollywood on Friday night. You were dressed much classier than the other girls there, yet you stood out as much more attractive. You were shying off to the side talking to a guy that was clearly not your man. It didn’t stop me from (cordially) asking if he was your guy anyways (after he had walked away). You told me he was your neighbor and we proceeded to chat.

We hit it off pretty well. We were laughing and chatting and you were giving me a big genuine smile, the kind you cannot fake. (You have an amazing smile by the way.) I didn’t feel slightly used buying you a drink.

We were only chatting for about 20 minutes when you said you had to go because your ride was leaving. You gave me your number and away you went...

I called you Sunday night and you gave me a warm greeting and we small-talked for a few minutes. I said I was thinking about checking out this comedy club on Thursday night and asked if you’d care to join me. You did not hesitate before saying “Yeah, I’m totally down!” (Great!) I was heading out to meet some friends but I told you I would get a hold of you with the show time, etc. and we would work out the details then.

The next day, I bought a pair of tickets to the show. I called you to work out the details of the date, but you disappeared. Didn’t return my voicemail or text...

Why would you do this? I don’t care if you aren’t interested in me, but I do care about my time, money and effort. Would it have been so hard to say “no”? Now I have tickets to a show and no date... thanks. There are numerous ways of rejecting me that would have been more straightforward way than you chose. For future reference, here are some of those options:

1) You could’ve said “no” when I asked if I could get your number or pretend like you didn’t hear me ask.
2) You could’ve given me a fake number which I would’ve figured out when I tried to call you.
3) You could’ve not picked up your phone and never called me back. Like any guy with a clue, I would’ve only tried once.
4) You could’ve said “no” when I asked you out.
5) You could’ve given me an obvious excuse when I asked you out, (like ‘I have to wash my hair that night’) I can take a hint...
6) Even if you wanted to be nice, you could’ve told me that you already had plans for that night but you would call me back when you had some free time. Any guy would know that you have no intentions of calling back.

If you read this and have any defense for your actions, please, I would really like to hear it. I’d also like to hear if any other women out there can explain this phenomenon, because this is not the first time that I’ve seen a woman pull this trick. And if there’s any cute (straightforward) women out there who would like to accompany me to a comedy show tomorrow night (my treat!), also feel free to drop me a line.

Found at: http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/mis/565613072.html

No comments: